Who We Are
Consumer Directed Choices (CDChoices) is a private, nonprofit corporation located in Albany, New York. We were founded in 1997 by the late Constance Laymon, a woman with a disability, to empower people to choose their own home care. We continue to be run both by people with disabilities and by advocates who share Constance’s dream of changing the way home care service is delivered.
A New Model for Home Care
CDChoices is an enrolled provider within the New York State-wide Medicaid-funded program called Consumer Directed Personal Assistance (CDPA).
This program was developed to empower seniors and people with disabilities (Consumers) who receive home care services to enjoy greater flexibility and freedom of choice in obtaining services, while simultaneously reducing New York Medicaid’s administrative costs. The model reflects the idea that Consumers should be able to select their own Personal Assistant home care workers and manage their own lifestyles.
With CDPA, eligible Consumers directly employ and supervise Personal Assistants to help them with medical and personal care. Instead of being dependent upon decisions made by strangers, Consumers using CDPA have complete control over recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, and terminating their Personal Assistants, allowing for a level of freedom and independence unheard of under traditional home care models. Personal Assistants, meanwhile, gain access to health insurance, dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, and other benefits, all while earning a competitive wage. With this approach, everyone wins.
Our Role as Fiscal Intermediary
CDChoices facilitates the process by acting as a Fiscal Intermediary. In this role, we provide payroll and program administration services for Consumers who employ Personal Assistants.
On behalf of the employing Consumer, and by contract with local County Departments of Social Services (DSS) and Managed Care Organizations (MCO), CDChoices is responsible for:
- Processing the payroll for each Personal Assistant;
- Monitoring completion of the required annual worker Health Assessment and all required employment documents;
- Facilitating insurance, unemployment and workers’ compensation benefits;
- Coordinating annual leave, health insurance and other benefit programs for each PA;
- Monitoring completion of the Consumer Agreement, which outlines the responsibilities assumed by the Consumer;
- Assisting the Consumer with Corporate compliance and providing informational support for training, supervision, advocacy, and personal management.
There is no Employer/Employee relationship between the Personal Assistant and Consumer Directed Choices.
What We Stand For
We believe in returning the right to an independent lifestyle to seniors and people with disabilities, while fostering respect and appreciation for the Personal Assistants who care for them. With this in mind, we are dedicated to:
- Respect for Individual Dignity